Chrome keeps going crazy

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 01:54:02 UTC 2014

I keep a half dozen tabs open in Chrome at most times, and sometimes when I
open another tab, it seems like Chrome goes crazy and the system almost hangs.
Usually I'm able to get to a console prompt and kill all Chrome sessions and
things calm down for awhile. Any idea what's going on? I'm running Fedora 20
64-bit, XFCE/KDE. I've got 4 Gigs of RAM (I know, not a whole lot, but it's
all that will fit on this motherboard.) The CPU is an Athlon X2 and I've got a
GigE to my switch and a 100 Meg link to the router.