Fedora and Garamond (LaTeX) fonts

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Mar 31 04:50:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been trying my luck at using Garamond fonts in LaTeX with
Fedora. From the repo, I found

texlive-ebgaramond-svn30741.0.15__2013_05_22_-4.fc20.noarch

and installed it. I got LaTeX to compile my document, however, I am
unable to get the boldface fonts. Not sure why this is, so can someone
suggest how I can get boldface fonts to work.

According to this website (which uses garamond as opposed to
ebgaramond fonts), I should be able to get it to work. (I wonder what
the difference between the garamond and ebgaramond packages are, if
any.)

http://gael-varoquaux.info/computers/garamond/index.html

Can anyone please help with what I am missing?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan