Chrome keeps going crazy

EGO.II-1 eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:17:23 UTC 2014

On 03/30/2014 10:34 PM, Max wrote:
> On 03/30/2014 09:54 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
>> I keep a half dozen tabs open in Chrome at most times, and sometimes
>> when I
>> open another tab, it seems like Chrome goes crazy and the system
>> almost hangs.
>> Usually I'm able to get to a console prompt and kill all Chrome
>> sessions and
>> things calm down for awhile. Any idea what's going on? I'm running
>> Fedora 20
>> 64-bit, XFCE/KDE. I've got 4 Gigs of RAM (I know, not a whole lot,
>> but it's
>> all that will fit on this motherboard.) The CPU is an Athlon X2 and
>> I've got a
>> GigE to my switch and a 100 Meg link to the router.
> Have you tried another browser? I am using F20 XCFE 64bit but with
> firefox. I have 3GB RAM. Everything runs ok. I have used Chrome in the
> past with mixed results. Are those six tabs perhaps running a lot of
> flash? Do you have any plugins running for Chrome? Have you tried
> disabling them?

For myself I have tried Chrome on Fedora....(18.....19.....and 20) and
it's always acted a bit buggy/glitchy....so I've avoided it. I think
there are enough "tabbing" browsers out there that I shouldn't have to
be trapped with one that's temperamental. There's
Epiphany......Midori.....Icedove even! LoL!

EGO II