video shimmer

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 31 12:34:14 UTC 2014

On 03/31/14 06:34, Claude Jones wrote:
<<>>

> There's no way to do that. These are custom cables that have
> single/special D-Sub connectors on one end that pick up the
 > video and vga signals, and breakout cables on the other end
 > for plugging into the connections on the computer. The strange
 > thing is, this is a much more expensive KVM than the one I
 > replaced, which worked perfectly. I was only trying a
 > replacement because of a different issue I'm having with some
 > strange interference between my phone and my computer wiring.
 > (When I sit down at my desk, the device that picks up my
 > handset and switches to my headset, picks up the handset
> without being asked to, and at the same time, the mouse
 > and keyboard freeze on my computer - but, I digress)

ok. now you did bring to mind something that the "shaft" sells
and is worth buying from them.

powdered core chokes. they come in 2 basic types, solid and
split.

what you should try is the split type. it is 2 halves that are
held together by a plastic snap housing.

for both kvm switch and signal detector, run wires for thru
core halves, snap case together. if a single pass does not
work try 2 or more.

also, be aware, radiated and rf signal interference can also
come thru power supply wiring.

with what you say about mouse and keyboard, wire or wireless?

btw, with all this radiated interference you are having, have
you ever turn off lights and looked at a mirror to see if you
have a glow about you? ((GBWG))

--

peace out.

tc.hago.