Fedora Scrolling Lag

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Mon Mar 31 23:31:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 10:01 +1100, Roger wrote:
> > Fresh Install of Fedora 20 installed last night.
> >
> > When browsing Facebook and I use the mouse wheel to scroll down, Firefox
> > pauses before it jumps down ( meaning it pauses for a few sec before it
> > finally gets the command that I scrolled down and the page finally goes
> > down)
> >
> > I am using Fedora 20 Mate
> >
> > 2 gigs of ram
> >
> > custom built pc
> >
> > 250 gig Hardrive
> >
> > Installed last night full format since I was coming from Kubuntu
> >
> > Only programs open Evolution and Firefox
> >
> > Memory Usage currently: 357.2 MB ( 17.7 % )
> >
> > Swap: 0 of 2 gigs
> >
> > fully updated last night ( and fresh update of 384 patches was
> > slowwwwwwwwwww I had to let it run overnight on my 12 down 1 up sat
> > connection)
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Christopher
> >

> I don't know about Fedora 20 but I had the same with Fedora 19 using the
> nouveau video driver which was very glunky and delayed in scrolling. I
> installed the nvidia driver for my systems and the problem went away.
> my 0.2c worth
> roger

CRAP......... EVOLUTION sent the orginal message as a reply not as my responce below.. I am sorry about that everyone... But I was replying
back to Roger:

ah Ok then Roger thats something I havent done yet... Install the Nvidia drivers... I guess I am using whatever came with this fresh install
how do I see what I have and how do I go about installing them?

Thanks,
Christopher