FC14 -> FC20 & Evolution

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 2 02:02:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 08:55:43PM -0400, Charlie McVeigh wrote:
> Since I am so far behind the current release of Fedora will I have any
> trouble restoring a backup of my Evolution files to FC20 Evolution once
> I upgrade?   I have searched the web for advice on this but I can't find
> any information that answers this question.
>
> I am concerned that I am making too big of a leap in Evolution versions
> and need to consider an intermediate step of upgrading to FC16 or FC17,
> restoring my Evolution data and backing it up again to make the leap to
> FC20.

I have no idea, but I'd suggest copying your data into a VM and trying it.
Or, alternately, make a backup of your data, and then do the upgrade, and if
it _doesn't_ work, try installing FC17 in a VM and using that as an
intermediate step, and so on (but hopefully it just works).

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"