Trouble starting webex in F20

Chris Kottaridis chriskot at quietwind.net
Fri May 2 17:19:01 UTC 2014

On 05/02/2014 12:07 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 06:26 PM, Chris Kottaridis wrote:
>>
>> On 05/01/2014 05:08 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>>> On 05/01/2014 01:40 PM, Andrew Azores issued this missive:

>>> Also check to see if there's perhaps a SELinux alert going along with
>>> this. There may be changes to selinux configs that block sharing the
>>> desktop.
>>
>> I don't know a lot about selinux, but I used the SELinux management
>> tool to just disable SELinux.
>>

>> So, I assume SELinux is out of the picture for now.
>>
>> But, I think it is probably some local configuration issue like that.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris Kottaridis
>>> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital ricks at alldigital.com -
>>> - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
>>> - -
>>> -         We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?       -
>>

> Putting SELinux into permissive mode, would have been plenty. Setting
> the machine to disabled will only take place on the next reboot.
>
> If SELinux is blocking the web browser from sharing desktop you could
> turn off one of these booleans, which would probably fix your problem.
>
> unconfined_chrome_sandbox_transition --> on
> unconfined_mozilla_plugin_transition --> on
> setsebool -P unconfined_chrome_sandbox_transition 0
> setsebool -P unconfined_mozilla_plugin_transition 0
>
> You would need to restart the browser.

I have rebooted many times after disabling SELinux, it was getting in
the way of other issues and so for the time being I just want to get it
out of the way. Thanks for the pointers though. Once I get things right
I'll re-enable it and make sure to make the changes you recommend.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis