packages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:30:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, 02 May 2014 13:49:39 +0200, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I made the following packages because they either do not existed
> or because they were wrong.
> I can donate them to the community if it make sense.

Depending on how much interest you would develop for real packaging,
you might want to read up on Fedora Copr.

Packages in the Fedora package collection need maintainers. They
cannot be "donated" as prebuilt packages. The last that would need
to happen is to make available the src.rpm files, and then somebody
with interest might adapt them and enter them into the review queue.

> There are running fine, however, 1 or 2 may require to be installed
> with rpm and the --nodeps option. This is not clear why, because the
> packages are already installed!

Mistakes in the packages. Likely bad/incorrect automatic dependencies
or lack of filtering of dependencies. Requirement to use --nodeps is
a show-stopper.