stopping cinnamon-started apps at logout

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang at wsrcc.com
Sun May 11 22:42:01 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> writes:
> In your .bash_logout file you could place a "killall" statement and
> name the process you want to kill off.  See the killall man page.

Are you seeing .bash_logout called when you exit a desktop session?  I
don't, but then our setups might differ a bit. (I'm using f20
w. cinnamon)

As an aside, doing it cleanly from .bash_logout would be a bit tricky
because I wouldn't want it run when any ssh or tty based logout
happened, only when the logout was from the GUI session that started the
apps.

-wolfgang