Fedup 19 to 20 fails after stuck keyboard

linuxnutster at videotron.ca linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Tue May 13 13:05:48 UTC 2014

I sent this one to the fedora forum; perhaps somebody here knows the
solution:

Here's a new one. Right in the middle of using fedup to upgrade F19 to
F20, an acquaintance came in, removed his notebook, and promptly dumped
his notebook case on the upgrading machine's keyboard. By the time I
looked back at the machine, the screen was a virtual hailstorm of
looping back garbage. I rebooted the machine, and it promptly entered
the last fedora 19 kernel; however, when I relaunch fedup, I get a
notice that the system is already updated, which it obviously is not.
How do I "force" fedup to relaunch the process?

Thanks!