Two failures after a recent Fedora 20 update...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed May 14 00:04:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 22:56 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014 16:36:13 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > I'm kind of at a loss here.  I recently (yesterday, May 12) updated my
> > Fedora 20 laptop (originally a fresh install of F20 a couple of months
> > ago, no update from previous rev).  I had previously updated it on April
> > 30, less that 2 weeks ago.

> yum history
> yum history undo …

> > I get very similar results from liferea.  Initial bitching seems to be
> > about Javascript and it ends with a java version, OpenJDK messages and a
> > segfault and core dump.

> JavaScript != Java

Oh, I'm very aware of that fact.  The fact remains that both remain in
common in the backtrace and the resulting error output that hurled
chunks.  Just as there should be nothing in common between Evolution and
Liferea, there is something in common that seems to be causing this
problem.  Determining the common factor is the problem.  The fact that
neither seem to be updated seems to point to some deeper common factor,
which is far more disturbing.

> > None of Liferea, Evolution, or OpenJDK were updated between April 30 and
> > May 12.
> >
> > Anyone have any idea what the hell has gone wrong here and what I might
> > do to work around it?

> Try reverting the last yum update via yum history undo.
> Then try to reproduce after repeating a yum update of individual
> packages.

Excellent suggestion.  I'll proceed with that.

Many thanks!

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com