Two failures after a recent Fedora 20 update...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed May 14 02:45:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 20:33 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 20:17 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > > Oh, I'm very aware of that fact.  The fact remains that both remain in
> > > common in the backtrace and the resulting error output that hurled
> > > chunks.  Just as there should be nothing in common between Evolution and
> > > Liferea, there is something in common that seems to be causing this
> > > problem.  Determining the common factor is the problem.  The fact that
> > > neither seem to be updated seems to point to some deeper common factor,
> > > which is far more disturbing.

> > > Excellent suggestion.  I'll proceed with that.

> > Can't say this gives me a warm and fuzzy...

> > Transaction Summary
> > ================================================================================
> > Remove           4 Packages (+7 Dependent packages)
> > Downgrade       39 Packages
> > Not available  416 Packages
>
> > 416 packages not available.  Not good.  The revert history is a crap
> > shoot and could make things worse.  Trying it anyways.
>
> The good news...  That got Evolution running and Liferea almost back to
> normal but both are operational.
>
> The BAD news is something in those 39 downgraded packages is AFU and
> causing this problem.  Meaning, I can no longer upgrade till whatever it
> is is fixed.  Damn...

> A subsequent "update" is saying "90 packages to upgrade".  Damn.
> Needless to say, that was a test run to which I said "HELL NO".

It appears that I am, once again fully function on both applications
with both previous profiles prior to the recent update fuck up.  I still
have no idea, out of the 39 packages downgraded did the damage.  Makes
it a little tough to post buzilla ticket.  But, I'm a systems developer.
Why am I not surprised.

Many thanks to the feedback.  It was IMMESNSLY valuable and reaffirmed
my recourse to refferring to this list,

I thank you all...

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com