Consistent device naming

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Wed May 14 22:35:37 UTC 2014

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>>> To exchange names, you need to use a temporary name and do three
>>> renames. Pretty much like swapping to values using a temporary
>>> variable.
>>
>> I can't find a way to do that with udev. Please enlighten me.
>
> I use "ip link set" to do that. I am not sure how you would do it
> with udev.

Thanks for the reference. But that can't be used after the interface is
up, and my interfaces come up during boot. I think it must be udev or
nothing, and nothing seems to win based on the link I posted previously.
I still think the new naming system is broken /by design/.
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA.
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave.close at us.thalesgroup.com

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
of what then is an empty desk?" --Albert Einstein