Thunderbird--find messages

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 17 15:58:58 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 17 May 2014, Doug sent:
> I get a large number of messages every day, in addition to those I
> filter out and don't see.  Unfortunately, some of these messages seem
> to come in out of time sync, for one reason or another.

If you want to see messages listed in a logical and coherent order, then
use "threading," to sort messages.  This sorts messages in the order
that contributors have responded to them.

If your client can't manage threading, or the senders have stuffed up
the headers that threading uses, then you can sort by subject then
posting date (the time that they wrote them, which takes different
timezones into account, at as well).

If you sort by received order, you will get them randomly arranged,
because messages are not guaranteed to be received as they're posted,
various uncorrelated delays are involved.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.