Laser printer density -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue May 20 18:12:30 UTC 2014

I have two Brother laser printers. Not surprisingly the newer one
(HL-2170w) prints a test page somewhat darker than the old HL-5140 even
with new toner and drum cartridges.

Printing a test page from either one shows the Density set to 0. I
assume that setting the density higher puts more toner on the paper and
produces darker text however I am unable to find how to change the
density setting. There is an item for Density under Print > Advanced, as
well as Brightness and Contrast, but they have no perceptible effect
that I can see. The printer works as it is but I think it could be better.

Has anyone any thoughts on where to change this? There must be a
configuration file somewhere ...

Thanks,

Bob

--