Off topic: web hosting sites

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Sat May 24 03:01:01 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Les Howell <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>         I know that this is not a use the group is setup for, but I don't know
> who else to ask, so forgive my rudeness, and please if you can give me
> some ideas.  Others might benefit as well.  I am not asking for specific
> recommendations, just some of the names you have found useful or maybe
> not useful, to help me and him to reduce the search from a general
> Google search for web hosts.
>
>         I have a relative who has a somewhat successful regional business
> currently located in Arizona, who wants to get a website set up for his
> product(s). He investigated GoDaddy, but didn't seem happy with their
> terms and conditions.  I'm not entrepreneurial enough to even know where
> to start or what to look for.  Any advice or recommendations would be
> helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Les H
>
> --

I highly recommend Namecheap for both domain and hosting purposes if
all you are going to do is setup something as simple as WordPress and
you want to get it setup as early as possible. Their pair up with EFF
quite a bit, if that matters. And they have excellent customer
support. They will even do quirky things, upon your request, like
setup .htaccess even though they are not managed host. You could also
do everything yourself on Digital Ocean.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger.