[OT] Chrome Notice (Warning)

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Mon May 26 07:00:43 UTC 2014

On May 26, 2014 11:16 AM, "Ed Greshko" <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/14 13:30, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> > Has anyone tried uninstalling Chrome? It left a lot of cruft on my
system mainly in the /opt/google/* and ~/.local/share/applications folders.

> I've not done an uninstall of Chrome.  However, I would not expect, nor
want, any uninstall process to remove files from a "users" directory.  That
would be a horrible thing to do.

> --
> Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis
> --

There is nothing glorifying in ~/.local/share/applications. You may like
dead links in your application menu. I don't. I like the concept of purging
everything a package installed. Any time you reinstall you will have deal
with conflicts.