Installing F20 alongside other Linux installs

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 3 22:11:07 UTC 2014

I have a 1TB hard drive on which I have a couple of other Linux distros
installed.  Distro 1 has its root on /dev/sdb1 and then swap as
/dev/sdb2 with the home partition on dev/sdb5.  Distro 2 has its root on
/dev/sdb6, swap on /dev/sdb7, and home on /dev/sdb8.

When I go to install Fedora 20, it sees the free space (about 800GB) on
sdb, but insists on installing the first partition I create for it
(root) on /dev/sdb3.  It doesn't appear that this works as the install
fails with insufficient space, but I don't see how to overwrite during
the install the option for the first Fedora partition to be /dev/sdb9
instead (and proceed from there).

Am I missing something?  Is this possible?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Whether we are asleep, or awake, we are really watching the functioning
of our own minds; we create the reality around us.

Darwin tbook-3.T-mobile.com 14.0.0 x86_64
17:04  up 1 day,  3:15, 5 users, load averages: 3.40 3.52 3.73