Samsung UnifiedLinuxDriver

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 5 08:01:14 UTC 2014

On 11/05/2014 01:02 PM, Antonio M wrote:
  [he top posted. but i moved it inline to bottom]

 >   <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>:
>> On 11/05/2014 01:53 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>>
>>> I wonder if anyone has installed the Unified Linux Driver
>>> under Fedora or CentOS?
>>> I tried installing the tar.gz package from Samsung,
>>> but it threw up a large number of errors.
>>>
>>> I saw an RPM version mentioned in
>>> <http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/distromatic.html>
>>> but was not able to download it,
>>> and didn't really want to open another repository.
>>>

>> Did you try to install the package "splix"? It's available for Fedora.
>> I'm using it for my printer Samsung ML-1660.
>>
> splix should be installed as printer is detected

i had problems finding Samsung drivers for my ML-4500 laser printer
and found that;

    http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/

is a good place to look.

Samsung and a couple other laser printers are listed at;

    http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/supported.html

--

peace out.

tc,hago.