HP ProBook 470 G2 Linux compatability

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 14:38:00 UTC 2014

I'm looking at getting work to finally replace my old DELL Vostro and I'm
looking at the above laptop.

I would love to hear people's opinion of this kit regarding compatability and
stability with Linux. To be fair, I would imagine most laptops would be an
improvement on my Vostro where kernel updates keep breaking the WIFI and I
still haven't managed to get the built n cam working after all these years.

The dist will probably be Fedora not not necessarily - I fount the recent
thread on low maintenance laptops quite interesting.

To be honest, the main thing is having a high enough resolution, and I'm
pretty open minded regarding everything else so other suggestions would also
be welcome

Gary