Samsung UnifiedLinuxDriver

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Nov 5 16:22:57 UTC 2014

Joachim Backes wrote:

>> I wonder if anyone has installed the Unified Linux Driver
>> under Fedora or CentOS?
>> I tried installing the tar.gz package from Samsung,
>> but it threw up a large number of errors.

> Did you try to install the package "splix"? It's available for Fedora.
> I'm using it for my printer Samsung ML-1660.

Thanks for your response.
I had not heard of splix before,
but after your posting I yum-installed it under Fedora-20.
(There does not seem to be a CentOS package available.)

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to run it.
I looked at <http://splix.ap2c.org/>, which seems to be the web-site,
but could make no sense of the screenshot shown,
which seemed the nearest to instructions there.

Actually, my printer - Samsung CLP-325W - was not in the list of printers
known to work with splix; CLP-310 seemed the nearest shot.