google cloudprint *client* for fedora?

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:56:21 UTC 2014

On 11/06/2014 10:28 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> On 11/06/2014 08:26 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
>> On Thursday 06 November 2014 13:20:00 Neal Becker wrote:
>>> I just got a google cloud enabled printer.  Is there a _client_ for fedora
>>> to work via cups?  Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> -- Those who don't understand recursion are doomed to repeat it
>>
>> I've done this on  a couple of workstations, both printing to a remote Google
>> Cloud printer and active as a server to allow a traditional printer over
>> Google Cloud Print.
>>
>> I can't remember how to do it, but Googling "Google Cloud Print Linux" is all
>> I did to get started.
>>
>> You will need to install Google Chrome too as this is what's used for both the
>> client and server options.
>>
>> Gary
>>
> here's what I've done to allow my non-google cloud printing printer to be a cloud printer:
>
> In my case I'm using the unstable version of chrome.  I created a script (start_cloud_print) that has the following information:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> ps -ef | grep cloud-print | grep -v grep > /dev/null 2>&1
> if [ "$?" -eq "1" ]
>  then
>    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/google/chrome:/opt/google/chrome-unstable  /opt/google/chrome-unstable/chrome
> --type=service --enable-cloud-print-proxy --no-service-autorun --noerrdialogs --user-data-dir=/usr/local/etc/googlecloudprint/ &
> fi
>
> Since I run multiple terminal windows I only want my this to run once.  Then I have .bashrc exec start_cloud_print.  In this way I
> ensure that my cloud printer get's started anytime I'm logged into my computer.  I suppose I could write  a systemd startup script
> for this so*I wouldn't have to be logged in and this would run every time I restarted my laptop but...
>
> Kevin

forgot to add that you have to have the Service State file setup as well.  Mine looks like this:

$ cat /usr/local/etc/googlecloudprint/Service\ State

{
  "cloud_print": {
    "email": "me at gmail.com",
    "auth_token":
"DQAAAN8AAACD4CO07jI0TAbc831ddbtOTS6zRcTZ7iysTyIwuvKugiSD32YjpAo4yEjnBRsw_P8k5Rv_9w_9tFj8ZNPh6vcKRNfdRmo1sWIYfq5iKeggd1LElrYVt2PDXd7BQHWXW_Ocx0x6X4ADBRQGVfr-xyeO5KpGuSzpwwfcbsc3czckuo8Kjx_KaeuaB77mWKDXK1X4ltPbA8oXQDPYe9eAb3JucKNFzbyHRZp4SH0PTPJkLmKqHsh9nM5QBIXBrlONH-6egyJxvI0emJla4BkuVtIQTIFfAZo7jldPqTfJHfnAw",
    "xmpp_auth_token":
"DQAAAN8AAACD4CO07jI0TYdBJcPQnlmtOXyczeufxddTyIwuvKugiSD32YjpAo4yEjnBRsw_P8k5Rv_9w_9tFj8ZNPh6vc5K9D95MN89beiCyE9VPaHMlAnyC87BK1Cz-mwAR_2Q2t0IW4G0bZV2B3srHNm0uAZYCtbuoNVXpvmj87zMZDjHWGsCBdT8q3GcqeSfUSV_tdFkEKwo2jZeub1Vh6QR7eZlTNZ74kHyPavTwMGGs_Cxmn4X43AFV8RFYdyT3lQqFWRkQw6VIBM23ybJTmMEiPMde3EvlDklaMZ3l5cWivJQ",
    "proxy_id": "MyFamilyCanonMX700",
    "enabled": true
  }
}