Kudos to the Fedora 21 team

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Fri Nov 7 15:10:23 UTC 2014

On Friday, November 07, 2014 02:22:20 PM Bill Oliver wrote:
> I like to bitch a lot on mailinglists, so I thought it's only fair to  post
> a congrats as well.  I just installed the 21 beta.  For hygeine reasons, I
> prefer clean installs to upgrades, so I can't comment on the upgrade
> process, but the install for me went flawlessly.  I easily groupinstalled
> the KDE workstation stuff and am up and running as a KDE box, all in about
> an hour (with most of that time spent downloading the packages over DSL).
> Things seem to be smoother than 20 in a number of respects.  I connect to
> my wireless with fewer hassles (in 20, there's some issue with my router's
> DHCP and NetworkManager that often results in a couple of timeouts before
> an address was assigned).  It *felt* (though I didn't time it( that KDE
> came up more quickly.
>
> This went much more easily for me than the installation of 20.  The only
> glitch I've had so far was that when I first installed KDE, there was an
> "unnamed" KDE Activity that I couldn't delete, but it disappeared when I
> rebooted.
>
> I'm currently downloading all sorts of software I don't need to see if there
> are installation conflict issues (which I ran into in 20), but so far, this
> is great!
>

> billo

F21 has been awesome all along. I installed alpha release a few days ago and
it was as good as any stable release would be.

While you are at it you should try Plasma 5 which IMHO the best and the most
beautiful desktop experience.

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/56536/is-fedora-21-will-has-kde-plasma-5-as-default/?answer=56538#post-id-56538

--
Regards,