Fw: rtl8192eu driver

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 08:54:50 UTC 2014

On 08.11.2014 08:51, Pomidora Belisima wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Bob Marcan <bob.marcan at lnx.no-ip.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Obviously we should avoid this chip.
>> BR, Bob
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 11:21:40 -0600
>> From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net>
>> To: Bob Marcan <bob.marcan at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: rtl8192eu driver
>>

>> On 11/07/2014 10:30 AM, Bob Marcan wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> Driver for this chip is not (anymore?) available on the vendor site.
>>> At least not on the official download page.
>>> But it is available on the net.
>>> This is the one which i use on the Fedora 20:
>>>
>> http://users.telenet.be/x86_64/RPMs/dkms-rtl8192eu-4.3.1.1-11320.20140505.src.rpm
>>> Does this chip can be included  in  the mainstream?
>>
>> I do not have any copies of a device with the RTL8192EU chip, thus I
>> would not be able to test any driver. In addition, I have had much
>> negative feedback from users, and little support from the Realtek USB
>> group. For those reasons, I will never work on another Realtek USB
>> driver that does not use mac80211.
>>
>> Perhaps someone else will take that driver, work for hundreds of hours
>> to get it into a form that is acceptable for kernel inclusion, submit
>> it, and then maintain it. I can assure you that I am not the person to
>> do so.
>>
>> Larry
>>

> At least it is good to know.

Also it is very unfortunate to know Realtek relates in such a manner toward its own devices in Linux environment.
Realtek devices are good devices.

Larry thank you for your hard work so far.

BTW FYI Bob, here you can find my Realtek RTL8188SU review - follows all links
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/pipermail/users_rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/2014-November/006714.html

In pursuit of "perfect" USB-WiFi device on Linux.

poma