KDE KRanderTray

Zach Ploskey zach at ploskey.com
Sat Nov 8 21:26:37 UTC 2014

On 11/08/2014 06:29 AM, Mickey wrote:

> On 11/07/2014 09:00 PM, Zach Ploskey wrote:
>> On 11/07/2014 05:43 PM, Mickey wrote:
>>> What did they do with KRanderTray  in F20 KDE ?
>>
>> I believe it has been replaced by Kscreen, which is accessible in the
>> Display Settings under the KDE System Setting.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/KScreen
>
> Thanks for that .
>
> But !!,,  if I  change the resolution to a lower setting it kicks the
> Icons on lower left of Panel off the screen.
> And any Icons on Desktop on left side of screen.

Interesting.  That sounds like a bug to me--perhaps you can report it.
At least as far as the icons go, if you right click the desktop and
click on Folder View Settings, then adjust Display so that it sorts the
icons or arranges them then they should probably appear back on your
screen.  As for the panel, you may be able to monkey with it similarly,
but I'm not sure, as I'm not a KDE user and currently I'm on Fedora 21 Beta.

Do these problems persist after restarting KDE using the new resolution?

Best of luck,

Zach