fedup??

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Nov 8 22:23:49 UTC 2014

On 11/08/2014 02:08 PM, Beartooth wrote:
> 	"yum install fedup" actually does something, without complaining.
> But does Fedora still use fedup?? If not, what? I'd expected this list to
> be abuzz by now with posts about upgrading, but I don't see them. Are
> things in general really going so swimmingly that nobody questions
> anything??

I've never had a bit of trouble with it on my laptop and I've never had
fedup work properly on my desktop.  Go know.  I'm going to have to
upgrade the desktop before F19 expires, and I'm considering trying the
unofficial fedora-upgrade tool and see if it works better.  (I've always
had fedup hang, leaving large numbers of duplicate packages and the
system only working in CLI mode.  Generally speaking, it takes several
days worth of manual cleanup before package-cleanup --cleandupes will
work in a reasonable time frame.  Maybe yum-complete-transaction would
be better.)  And, to answer your question, fedup is still the official
upgrade tool.