Hibernate and lack of docs

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 11 04:48:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-11 at 02:07 +0530, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> I don't think swap size has to be bigger than size of RAM. Arch Linux
> has a good note on size of swap partition [1] which links to kernel
> documentation[2]. I used to make 4GB of swap partition on a system
> with 8GB of RAM on Arch Linux.

It does if you want to suspend/hibernate to the swap space.  Your RAM
has to dump its contents somewhere, and that's where it goes.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.7-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 30 18:40:30 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.