smplayer question

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 04:08:14 UTC 2014

On 11/11/2014 08:35 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/12/14 11:21, jd1008 wrote:

>>> What does
>>>
>>> exiftool  myfile.mp3 | grep Duration
>>>
>>> Show?
>>>
>>> If the value is incorrect you can use exiftool to modify it.
>>>
>> $ exiftool New_Chants.mp3
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> Duration                        : 1:15:55 (approx)
>>
> And, you're saying 1:15:55 is correct, yes?
>
> Where do you see the 6 minutes indication exactly?
>
> I suppose I would also check to see that in the output of exiftool that the "Length" is appropriate for the Duration.

I see it in the playlist of smplayer, on the right edge column of the
playlist.
The length is indeed appropriate because it acutally does play for 1:15:55
as indicated on the bottom black bar of smplayer, on the right side
(corner).
and, I have actually listened to the whole thing for 1 hour and 15 minutes+.
Noteworthy: the progress block (which moves from left to right) on the
gui display
of smplayer moves from start to end in 6 minutes and 19 seconds, and then
moves back to beginning of line, but audio file continues to play for 1
hour and 15 minutes+.

Another useful piece of info is: auto replay is disabled (no looping),
and there are no other files in the playlist.