Configuring a printer on a server without a GUI

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 09:00:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-11 at 12:59 -1000, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> One, I don't see Sever>Connect on my F20 gnome notebook.

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/system-config-printer.git/plain/data/screenshot-mainwindow.png
You don't see that "Server" entry in the menu bar?

> Two, Remote Desktop, needs a desktop, and a minimal install has no desktop.

So, you have a minimal install on which you want to run a CUPS server.

You can another machine that does have a graphical desktop (or are you
typing these emails on a console?). On that machine you are using, run
system-config-printer and connect to CUPS server machine from it.

Tim.
*/