Progress Re: Configuring a printer on a server without a GUI

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Nov 13 01:37:28 UTC 2014

On 11/12/2014 02:34 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/13/14 06:54, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> All your printers are here
>>> /etc/cups/printers.conf*
>> Interestingly there is /etc/cups/printers.conf and /etc/cups/printers.conf.0
>>
> When a printer is modified the previous version of the config file is moved to printers.conf.0   This may happen even if there is no actual change.  I just made a change....

Ah.  Interesting.  Are only the two kept?  Because both have my 2
printers and first I created one via the web interface, changed it, then
created the second via system-config-printer remote and changed that.
This implies either only a .0 being kept (prior version), or the web
interface did not create it?

BTW, the server is F21-arm beta.  So next week I will probably be
starting from scratch and will pay some attention to what is going on
here.  But I DO want to get printing going!  I need some other printing
apps beyound enscript for testing.