Progress Re: Configuring a printer on a server without a GUI

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Nov 14 12:24:22 UTC 2014

On 11/14/2014 04:05 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-11-13 at 08:34 -1000, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> su -c 'cupsctl --debug-logging'
>> Nope.  Still no error_log.
> Still not, after running that command and then trying to print again?
>
> Is this Fedora 20? In Fedora 21, CUPS error logs are directed to the
> systemd journal by default:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems

Somewhere in this twisted thread, I did mention this is F21-arm. Since
it was a print setup challenge, I did not take the first steps to the
beta list, rather the regular Fedora list, but now as it may be a F21
problem, I will probably move it over there after following your pointer
on debugging.  No longer at IETF, but I have a similar printer on my
home network.