filestarter (graphic tool for iptables)

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:34:48 UTC 2014

Hi
I'm still learning Linux, and I have fedora 20 on my compuer.
I would like get an advice about  to use  "firestarter".

I have read many things about iptables (who it looks to me rather complex to
use).

I know that firestarter is a graphical tool that it can be used to manage
iptables; so I would like to try it, also because (generally) GUI Tools
help to understand how the programs work.

I am however a little puzzled to  install  firestarter because I do not see
it  much recommended in the books that I'm reading, and why sites that
distribute
it are not  officially sponsored by fedora ..

At the link <http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=85460>  I
found firestarter-1.0.3-20.fc11.x86_64.rpm

I would like to get feedback about the opportunity to install this
distribution or perhaps a better distribution of this tool on my computer.

Tank you

Regards

Angelo