NFS mount -

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 10:05:12 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
> On 11/15/14 02:22, Tom H wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
>> <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

>> On the server, what's the output of:
>>
>> systemctl status nfs*
>
> [root at box48 ~]# systemctl status nfs*
> nfs\x2a.service
>    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>>
>> systemctl status rpc*
>
> [root at box48 ~]# systemctl status rpc*
> rpc\x2a.service
>    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>>
>> systemctl status var*.mount
>
> [root at box48 ~]# systemctl status var*.mount
> var\x2a.mount
>    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>    Active: inactive (dead)

Sorry. I guess that this doen't work with v208 and that I must've been
spoiled by Ubuntu's v215 and F21's v216.

So you'd have to check the nfs-utils units without wildcards. Anyway,
given the below it doesn't matter.

>> exportfs
>
> [root at box48 ~]# exportfs
> /nfs4exports      192.168.1.0/24
> /nfs4exports/data
>         192.168.1.0/24
> /nfs4exports/home
>         192.168.1.0/24
>>
>> rpcinfo -p
>
> [root at box48 ~]# rpcinfo -p
>    program vers proto   port  service
>     100000    4   tcp    111  portmapper
>     100024    1   udp  59970  status
>     100024    1   tcp  48757  status
>     100005    3   tcp  20048  mountd
>     100003    4   tcp   2049  nfs
>     100021    4   tcp  58822  nlockmgr
>     100011    2   tcp    875  rquotad

nfs is up and running and the shares are exported.

>> iptables -nL (or iptables -S)
>
> [root at box48 ~]# iptables -S
> <SNIP>

This is the problem. You have firewalld running and aren't allowing
the nfs ports through.

I have no idea how to whitelist a port with firewalld but there've
been recent instructions on this list.

The "difficulty" with nfs is that if you want to run nfsv4 only, you
have to open 2049 and 111 (or even simply 2049 but won't be able to
run "rpcinfo -p nfs_server" from a client) but if you want to use
nfsv3, you have to set fixed ports in "/etc/sysconfig/nfs"
(LOCKD_TCPPORT, LOCKD_UDPPORT, RPCMOUNTDOPTS, STATDARG).