Out of the Broadcom frying pan (DELL) to the fire (HP Envy)

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 20:55:38 UTC 2014

I've finally got my new laptop and I've managed to get F20 installed on it.

I've got a number of problems to work on yet - web cam and touch pad buttons -
but my main problem is the WIFI.

On the DELL I used broadcom-wl and kmod-wl and had to update it every time I
upgraded the kernel, but it worked,

Now I've got a newer Broadcom chipset on the replacement laptop and so far all
I can Google is people who've failed to get it working.

Can anyone point me to a post where it's worked.  Below is the lspdi output.

Gary

[root at localhost ~]# lspci -nn -d 14e4:
08:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac
Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43b1] (rev 03)
[root at localhost ~]#