OT: NFS and iOS -

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Wed Nov 19 17:27:27 UTC 2014

Once upon a time, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> said:
> BSD was not the problem with Freenas, it worked fine until I thought
> I would change a directory name with the Thunar file manager, things
> quite working, I changed the name back, no help! I had offended it
> somehow. It seems everything done to configuration has to be done
> with the GUI provided and that has it's peculiarities. I'm sure the
> developers can manipulate things from the command line but I
> couldn't.

We have a TrueNAS (commercial version of FreeNAS) at work, and it looks
like there's really no actual CLI.  We had significant problems with NFS
(used it for storing email in Maildir format), and we worked with the
developers on tracking it down.  Watching them work, they did stuff by
hand and/or went into Python (or even SQLite directly) to make changes.
There did not appear to be any CLI-type tools to manage it.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>