OT: NFS and iOS -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Nov 20 19:21:21 UTC 2014

On 11/20/14 13:51, poma wrote:
>> But what I really need is
>> > a way to link the NFS "data" and SMB "Data" or to rsync them. They are
>> > different computers on the same wired ethernet LAN.
>> >
>> > What is the best way to accomplish that?
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >
> You can start the search here
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_synchronization
>
> or simply use '[s]cp'
> man 1 [s]cp
>

> BTW have you tried Netatalk
> http://netatalk.sourceforge.net
>
> $ repoquery -i netatalk

I took a break and later realized that I already had a copy of the data
in /nfs4exports/data! So instead of taking it from the other NFS server
I simply rsync'd it to /DATAsmb/Data/. That's running now and will take
some time since it's large. However that's not the ideal solution either
since now I have a second copy of the large file on the Raid1 server ...

I'll read the URL above. And not sure what netatalk is? I'll look at
that too, but I already have voip service from Viasat which runs circles
around the cell phone for quality and reliability, it's just not
portable, can't put it in my pocket as I have it set up.

Your help is much appreciated,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD