Yum Repairs?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 24 21:06:36 UTC 2014

Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys. I accidentally pressed ctrl+C during the transaction check on
> a yum update. Is there a command to rerun the command so that whatever
> I stopped can be done again, and hopefully prevent breakage?

As long as the transaction didn't actually start, there should be nothing to
clean up. You can verify by running yum-complete-transaction - it should say
"No unfinished transactions left." if that's the case. If not, it will try
to complete them, though I've found that often it's too confused to proceed
and I have to clean up manually, by looking for and deleting duplicate
packages ("package-cleanup --dupes") and checking the remaining ones with
rpm -V <package>. Finally I'd run "package-cleanup --problems" to verify
that everything was OK.