A gmane mystery

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Nov 30 22:30:33 UTC 2014

On Sunday 30 November 2014 14:09:33 Sudhir Khanger wrote:

> > I've been collecting redhat.fedora from gmane for several years,
> > but about a week ago I found that while I could read gmane newsgroups
> > I was unable to post to them - that is, my posts did not appear.

> How are you accessing GMane? At least in Kontact mails are always send
> from SMTP part of Kontact so it doesn't matter if you read the
> messages in KMail or Knode.

I access GMane through KNode.
But recently I have not been able to post through KNode,
but only by sending email (with KMail) to
users at lists.fedoraproject.org , which appears to be mirrored by
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general .

However, I have not seen this stated officially anywhere.
Is there (incidentally) any way of determining which mailing list
a gmane newsgroup is mirroring?
One would expect it to be stated in Group Properties in KNode,
but it does not appear to be.

I posted this first to the gmane newsgroup,
but it never appeared there.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net