Wrong Screen Resolution after uninstalling nvidia packages from rpmfusion

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Oct 1 03:02:52 UTC 2014

On 10/01/14 10:46, jd1008 wrote:

> On 09/30/2014 05:16 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 10/01/14 07:06, jd1008 wrote:
>>> Should I build an Xorg.conf, based on this info?
>> Also....
>>
>> Do you get any output from....
>>
>> locate blacklist-nouveau.conf
>>
> $ locate blacklist-nouveau.conf
> $
>
> Looks like it does not exist.
> I run updated everyday, so I know the database is up-to-date.

This would have nothing to do with any database......

You showed a Xorg.9.log file where nouveau was loading and working properly.  Just wondering what kernel was being used at the time.  That information should be available at the beginning of the file line "Kernel command line".

When you uninstalled the RPM fusion packages did you follow their one step instruction of "yum remove xorg-x11-drv-nvidia\*"