Wrong Screen Resolution after uninstalling nvidia packages from rpmfusion

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:26:15 UTC 2014

On 01.10.2014 22:17, jd1008 wrote:

> On 10/01/2014 01:10 PM, poma wrote:
>> Upstream/Nouveau
>> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Bugs/
>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?product=xorg&component=Driver%2Fnouveau
>>
>>    If you are using packages from your distribution and are unable/unwilling to test
>>    the latest versions of all the pieces of nouveau,
>>    send the bug reports to your distribution and not directly to us.
>>    If you're using an out-of-date software version,
>>    our first question will probably be "does it still happen on latest".
>>

>> Downstream/Fedora
>> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/xorg-x11-drv-nouveau/bugs/
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&component=xorg-x11-drv-nouveau
>>

> FWIW, I downloaded xorg-x11-drv-nouveau-1.0.10-6.fc21.src.rpm
> and built it on my fc20 and updated the existing xorg-x11-drv-nouveau
> 1.0.9...
> and rebooted (not necessary, but ... logout/login would have sufficed).
>
> It made no impact on the problem at hand .

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2014-June/121688.html

  We ask people to file all issues that are basically "graphics hardware
  support bugs" under the appropriate xorg-x11-drv-* component, because
  that ensures they get routed to the right people. Even though
  technically the bug might be in the kernel or even mesa or something, if
  it's filed against the kernel, the right people won't see it.
  ..