Regular font for human beings to learn to write

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Oct 2 20:25:47 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 11:26 AM, Tim issued this missive:
> Allegedly, on or about 02 October 2014, Chris Murphy sent:
>> Children learning languages that use roman characters learn simple
>> capital block letters first. Then lower case.
>
> Depends on what country you're in.  In Australia, and England (I think),
> you learn the lower case letters first.  You learn the sounds of each
> letter, and you can figure out how to pronounce a word.  You can't do
> that from the sounds of the capital letters.
>
> e.g. wall, wuh-a-ull.... wall
>       WALL, double-you ay el el, unpronounceable
>
> Not the best example, off the top of my head, but it demonstrates the
> process.
>
> For that sort of reasoning, programs like Sesame Street are poorly
> regarded in our pre-school educational circles.

Reminds me of Gallagher's ("Sledge-O-Matic" fame) old routine.

	T-O-M-B: too-em-bh
	C-O-M-B: coo-em-bh? No, "coh-em-bh"

"Huked on foniks reely wurked for me!"

-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -