Wrong Screen Resolution after uninstalling nvidia packages from rpmfusion

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Oct 3 06:45:27 UTC 2014

On 10/03/14 10:18, jd1008 wrote:

> On 10/02/2014 07:16 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>
>> At this point, if I were you, I'd create a bootable LIVE USB or a LIVE CD from the F20 release and boot it and see if it works.
> Definitely worth a try.

Yes, and then you can compare the logs....

If you did keep the "rescue" grub entry you could boot into that and try your "experiments" with loading modules.  You'll probably have to extract and replace the /usr/lib/modules/whatever-kernel directory from the initramfs as that was probably removed (or cleaned out) when the kernel related to the "rescue" boot was removed.

Of course, this would assume that when the system was first installed you hadn't installed the rpmfusion packages until at least the next kernel update.  Otherwise, the initramfs would contain rpmfusion bits.