SATA II causes system freeze

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Fri Oct 3 18:19:55 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 04:01:30AM +0930, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 02 October 2014, Chris Murphy sent:
> > Cables are often the source of weird problems. Specifically it's the
> > connectors that are flakey, not the cable portion itself.
>
> Though, if you savagely bend SATA leads, the way some of them are
> supplied in a flattened up zig-zag style, with a rubber band around
> them, you can mess up the data transmission.

Some quick feedback:  It's now apparent that the cables or SATA
sockets have nothing to do with my problem.  The finger of guilt
now seems to point to the RAM sticks.  However, experiments are
slow.  More later.

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        dad at datix.us         www.datix.us

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards;
if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.
	- Ronald Reagan