what causes: kernel:[38405.042543] do_IRQ: 0.81 No irq handler for vector (irq -1)

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Sat Oct 4 07:30:39 UTC 2014

On 03.10.2014, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> How does one go down to a 3.15.10 kernel? I could try that and see, I
> guess. Would it also downgrade the headers, etc?

If you install a Fedora kernel: yes.

I think: if you're able to reproduce the error easily, you should try
to bisect the patch which introduced the faulty behaviour. This would
only make sense with a vanilla kernel.

The first step would be to find a kernel which isn't problematic, and
the first one which is. Here's how to do it:

http://www.reactivated.net/weblog/archives/2006/01/using-git-bisect-to-find-buggy-kernel-patches/

Alternatively, could you try latest mainline (3.17-rc7) and check if
the problem persists? Maybe it's solved there.