Regular font for human beings to learn to write

Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus aradnix at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:52:03 UTC 2014

> I agree with all of this, including the questions about context. The fact is any learner of latin character languages will have to learn to read multiple typefaces: handwritten block and cursive, and serif and sans-serif type. The more they read, the better the word recognition will get. The more varied text they read the better the tolerance for "errors" compared to what they're used to will get. Reading itself solves the problem, I'm not sure what better exercise there is for this. I don't see how learning 5 kinds of r's in isolation is going to teach anyone anything at all, because it's a pattern recognition challenge.

I understand the concern for the initial care in children's literacy,
but I think the fears are unfounded and instead of seeking to create
or modify fonts to suit what he considers fundamental to literacy for
children and prevent problems and confusions .

But I think that the approach is not the best, I bet most of what is
always done to expose children to different types of writing and
letters to broaden their outlook and also avoid confusion, rather than
restricted to a "pure" version .