IP addresses on local network change

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 6 13:22:47 UTC 2014

On 10/06/14 20:51, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> I would also wonder if there are dueling DHCP servers
> on the segment.

You should be able to determine if there are dueling DHCP servers by doing a "ps -eaf | grep dhclient" and looking for the -lf parameter and then examining the contents of the file.

In my case.... -lf /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-5ce325cb-5048-48d7-bdc0-457f278fe1f1-enp0s3.lease

Looking at the file you'd find "dhcp-server-identifier" and multiple leases.  If the IP address of "dhcp-server-identifier" changes, then you have dueling DHCP servers.