Setup for a static ethernet connection

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Mon Oct 6 19:30:42 UTC 2014

On 10/05/14 23:11, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> Thanks, Lars. Accesses outside the local net is not required.

OK, then you do not need GATEWAY.

> Yes, a ping to the IP address responds correctly.

OK, good! Then your network is setup correctly, and you can actually
reach the device.

Looking at your initial mail I see that you wrote "Firewalld
configuration has scripts added to open a route to the device."

Try disabling firewalld completely, and see what happens, it sounds as
if you have a firewall problem. If disabling firewalld works, then you
have to take a closer look at the scripts you mentioned earlier.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/