Canon MG5520 wireless printer

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Oct 6 19:32:09 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 11:45 AM, Kevin Cummings issued this missive:
> On 10/06/2014 11:52 AM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
>> Be sure to open the firewall for UDP port 8611, so autodetection works.
>> And you need to install cups-bjnp so CUPS knows how to talk to the
>> printer...
>
> That makes sense.  cups-bjnp is now installed (but I don't need it to
> use the USB cable), and I'll open up UDP port 8611.  Thanks!

Since it wasn't clear, "bnjp://" over 8611 is the "bonjour" protocol
(Apple's implementation of the Zeroconf protocol).
-"Jimmie crack corn and I don't care." What kind of a lousy attitude -
-                 is THAT to have, huh?   -- Dennis Miller           -