what causes: kernel:[38405.042543] do_IRQ: 0.81 No irq handler for vector (irq -1)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Oct 6 22:32:43 UTC 2014

Thanks again!

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 23:15:56 +0200 Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:

> > http://ur1.ca/iawmi -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/139547/00617141
>
> Reading your dmesg dump, I'm not convinced that the irq handler is
> what causes you problems. Some years ago, the code was modified that
> the missing interrupt was ACKed, thus letting the machine proceed.

I see. Thanks!

> However, you have a seriously segfaulting browser (firefox?) which
> corrupts the memory. The general protection fault could even be caused
> by a null pointer dereference. I guess that's the problem.

I am using firefox from the F20 repos. Is there a bug in firefox, or is it somewhere else?

> In addition, are you at F22? Your dmesg says you're using a
> 3.17.0-0.rc7.git2.1.fc22.x86_64 kernel. When compiling a kernel source
> rpm meant for F22 on a F20 system, the package would be tagged fc20.

I was using the kernel from rawhide which is why it is tagged F22: I did not yet compile it myself. I guess I should try this next. The Fedora vanilla kernel repos do not have the latest 3.17 kernel yet.

Many thanks again!
Ranjan