Firefox fonts

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Oct 7 16:29:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:

> And if you change those fonts in Gnome settings....  what happens?  Do
> you see the changes reflected in Firefox?

I'm not sure what you are suggesting I do.
I did eventually find /etc/fonts and man fonts-conf ,
but it's not really helping.
I suppose if I read the man page closely enough I might
be able to get the precise alogrithm for font selection.
If I were really good and Firefox really did use the documented algorithm,
I might, with great effort, be able to figure out
which font Firefox had chosen for a particular element.
I'd rather just ask it.
Is there a way?

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods